Introduction to The Course
Welcome to the Launch Your Side Hustle Course!
This course contains affiliate links and we may receive compensation when you click through, purchase or sign up for anything through those links as outlined in our disclaimer.
I am so glad to have you here!
The term "hustle" has always stressed me out because of the basic definition of the word being to "force" or "hurry", which is NOT what I am about.
The entire mission of I Like To Dabble is to help others find how they can create multiple streams of income with their specific skill set, creative interests, and gain back more control in their life and career. This is why I am so excited to finally put this course together and lay out everything you need to know in order to get your own idea off the ground and making money.
What Do You Get?
Included in this course are 8 modules, 3 bonus modules, 45 lessons, 11 videos (with captions), and 20+ worksheets and templates to help you come up with the perfect side hustle idea for your lifestyle and the exact tools and knowledge you need to bring it into reality. You also get monthly open office hour time with me for any 1 on 1 coaching you want, if you want it!
What Will You Learn?
The different modules included in this course are:
- Module 1: Choosing a Profitable Side Hustle
- Module 2: How Will You Make Money?
- Module 3: Planning Phase
- Module 4: How to Legally Cover Your Side Hustle (Q&A with an Actual Lawyer)
- Module 5: Tracking Income, Expenses, and Taxes (including Q&A with an Accountant)
- Module 6: How to Create + Market Your Brand for Consistent Income
- Module 7: How to Set Up Systems for Success
- Module 8: Key Takeaways
- Bonus Module #1: Q&A Interviews With Various Side Hustlers/Freelancers (to get a feel for different ventures, what they did, and their perspectives)
- Bonus Module #2: Blogging as a Side Hustle eBook
- Bonus Module #3: How to Create Digital Products as a Side Hustle
In this course, you will learn:
- How to choose a profitable side hustle
- How to find skills you didn't know you had to make money with
- How to research demand and stand out
- Making sure you choose the right side hustle for you and your lifestyle
- Who is your ideal client/customer
- The different ways you can make money and grow your income (including how to incorporate an affiliate marketing strategy into any side hustle)
- Pricing services and products (including upping your rates and negotiating for more money)
- How to find clients + pitch them
- How to sell products
- Keyword research strategies for Google, naming your business and adding your business to Google
- How to open a business bank account and what you need to do so
- Choosing a business address (USPS PO Boxes vs. UPS Business Mail Boxes)
- How to set up a budget for your side biz and effectively track your income, expenses, and taxes using the same excel spreadsheet I used before I got Quickbooks
- Tools and resources to use (I try to give you as many free ones as I can find, that I've used in the past, and that I still use)
- Q&A video with an actual lawyer Amira from ASelfGuru.com
- Q&A with accountant and entrepreneur Eric Nisall
- An intro on how to use Quickbooks to track income and expenses and do your monthly reconciliation
- How to create your brand
- Do you need a website + how to create one (even for free)
- Social media marketing strategies
- How to build an email list from scratch
- How to promote yourself, put yourself out there as much as possible, reach out to big media outlets and get featured on them
- Effective time management and dealing with anxiety and burnout
- How to set up systems for organization and avoid overwhelm
- How to find a community and network of support
- Mistakes to avoid
- Insight from 7 other successful side hustlers, freelancers, and other self-employed persons/small business owners about what worked for them and their different perspectives
Note: This course is geared towards those in the U.S. If you are not in the U.S., this course will still work for you but you will need to get with a local lawyer and accountant in your country to check any specific business laws and tax expectations.
About The Instructor
I'm a software engineer, sidepreneur, and the founder of the award winning blog iliketodabble.com which I actually started on a whim on the side of my full-time job back in 2017.
After I went through 2 layoffs and made my first $1 with my blog, I vowed to never rely on one source of income again.
Since then, my side hustle has brought in $100,000+.
In the last 4 years, I went from 2 streams of income in my business, to now 9 streams of income and shifted from a sole-proprietor to an LLC (Limited Liability Company). Because of this side business, my wife Ally and I have been able to pay off $40k of debt in the last 2 and a half years (she also has a side business of her own) and reached a milestone of $100k saved! 🎉
I've built an amazing community that continues to grow with a combined 100k monthly users from the website and social media.
I've also had the honor of being featured on big name sites like MSN, Business Insider, Huffington Post, LA Times, Refinery29, CNBC, Bustle, USA Today, and more (which I actually show you in this course how to get similar big media mentions).
Sounds great right? Except I made a load of mistakes in that time, took about 6 months off of it completely, and screwed up taxes one year big time. This is another reason why I wanted to put this course together - to help others not make those same mistakes, find what works best for their lifestyle so they can better manage their anxiety and any burnout when it comes to their own side hustle, and make their first $1k without selling their soul.
This isn't the only side hustle I've had nor is it the only one I have now.
I've been side hustling since I was a kid when I created a Lisa Frank sticker club in 2nd grade and charged sticker packs to join.
Some of my other past side hustles include:
- Freelance web development work on the side of my day job development work
- Freelance wrote for big websites
- Small freelance design projects for other small businesses
- Painted live at events
- Bought old PlayStation consoles, repaired them, and resold them on Craigslist for a profit
- Pet sat on Rover
- Flipped items for profit on eBay and Poshmark
- Created an Etsy digital download store
- Created an Etsy dropshipping store
- And now also manage a second website hikingandroadtrips.com with my wife, Ally
I'm sort of a jack of all trades and I want to be able to show others how they can also explore some of their own creative ideas and make money doing it.
I hate seeing friends, family and others online fall into the trap of "get rich quick" schemes like MLMs (multi-level marketing companies) and other online scams. There is a much simpler way to make money doing something you love without sacrificing relationships and your dignity - all scam free.
I want you to succeed and this course will give you the stepping stones to do just that.
I can't wait to help you get started on this adventure!